Hey Folks. Get ready because there are a ton of blogs, videos, and news in this edition and it's right before KubeCon.
What's new with cloud-native
News and announcements go here. From sponsors and others also.
- Kubescape introduces enhancements to their Single Pane of Glass View. Now you can get a multidimensional view of Cross- Infrastructure, Cross-Functionality, and Cross-organization.
- Kubernetes 1.24 is out. Check out what's new with Kubernetes
- Monokle 1.7.0 has been released and it comes with new features and UI/UX improvements.
- Kusk-gateway v1.0 and enables you to design and deploy your APIs from a single OpenAPI definition.
- Portainer is now a Docker Desktop extension. Easily spin up a version of Portainer CE inside Docker Desktop.
- GitHub introduces a new security mandate for all code contributions. GitHub will require two-factor authentication for all code contributions by the end of 2023
- The Flux Team has found three security vulnerabilities in Flux and strongly recommends upgrading your clusters
- CherryBomb is an Open Source tool that helps you to prevent and fix any broken API logic. Check out what's new with CherryBomb-CLI 0.6
- OPAL is an administration layer for Open Policy Agent (OPA) that allows you to easily keep your authorization layer up-to-date in real-time. Learn what challenges come up in authorization and how OPAL attempts to solve these issues
- Scan your container images with Trivy and make sure your containers do not have any security vulnerabilities. Trivy can be used as a CLI tool or as a Docker Desktop Extension.
- Take a Deep Dive into Container Security. Take a look at why Container Security is crucial, what are some common vulnerabilities, and how to fix them.
- A visual guide to learning Kubernetes from scratch by Guy from Komodor.
- Use a Design First approach instead of code first to include multiple stakeholders from your organization early in the API design process
- Using Portainer is quite simple. Make it even simpler by using Portainer with Lens IDE.
- Learn the 3 Ps of Cloud-Native Security which are Persistance, Production-centric, and Prioritization. These will help adopt the Shift Left Security Approach.
- Learn about Ingress, why is it used, where it fits into Kubernetes and how to get started. This blog will be focusing on NGINX Ingress controllers
- A service mesh is a dedicated infrastructure layer that adds features to a network between services. Take a look at what is a service mesh, why is it needed, different types of service meshes, and some alternatives.
- Secure your Kubernetes Access APIs with recipes and best practices concerning API access control hardening in the Kubernetes cluster from the folks over at Teleport
- Xbox Cloud Gaming services use over 22,000 active pods. Check out they secured these pods using LinkerD.
- Open Source is a great way to help you polish your skills, get noticed, and move forward in your career. Here are 15 Tips on how you can make the most out of Open Source from Sema.
- Provisioning resources for your Kubernetes Clusters can be expensive at times. You can use Kubecost to optimize some of these costs. Check out how you can integrate Kubecost with Armory’s new Continuous Deployments-as-a-Service.
- Cilium is an open-source project which focuses on securing container networks and load balancing between workloads. Take a look at how to get started with Cilium and make it easier to use with KubeSphere
- Creating a container is one of the essential steps to deploying your application. Learn to create a Docker Container with a NextJS application as an example.
- Check out how Wiard gamified Twitter using Prometheus and Grafana with the help of Civo.
- VMWare Tanzu Community Edition is a Kubernetes platform that competes with Rancher and OpenShift
- Here are some of the best practices to follow to secure your Kubernetes Clusters.
- Prevent Kubernetes Misconfigurations using Datree's VScode extension.
- The DoK Community had lost the horn, an essential part of DoK day. The Community helped to find the horn and save DoK Day at Kubecon.
- Monokle v1.7 is here with quite a few updates. Get an update on the new features.
- Applications for the Summer Session of the LFX mentorship are open.
- RSA conference is a 4-day event for all things security.
- It's KubeCon EU week. Hope your schedules are ready.
- KubeCon NA 2022
- Developer Week Cloud 2022
- DevOps Days Buffalo
- DevOps Enterprise Summit LAS VEGAS
Cloud native tools highlight
- OpenEBS helps Developers and Platform SREs easily deploy Kubernetes Stateful Workloads that require fast and highly reliable container attached storage
- ValidIaC combines the best open-source tools to help ensure Infrastructure-as-Code best practices, hygiene & security.
- Apache SkyWalking is a performance monitor tool for distributed systems, specially designed for microservices, cloud-native and container-based architectures.
- KubeClarity[github.com/openclarity/kubeclarity] is a tool for detection and management of Software Bill Of Materials (SBOM) and vulnerabilities of container images and filesystems
- Tracetest is a new tool from Kubeshops that allows you to create end to end tests and integrations from a simple UI.
Tweets of the week
- The Cloud Native community meetup in London right before KubeCon
- Folks are ready for KubeCon. Visit the Civo booth and find out what's in the box.
That's it for this edition. It's KubeCon week, and everyone has been waiting eagerly. Learn new things, network, and have fun in KubeCon. You can even write a blog on your KubeCon experience later.